Life has been crazy lately.
Much crazier than I anticipated. More on that later.
Here I am, catching up on the posting part of LENT some more. The real life parts haven’t stopped. I’ve been having awesome conversations about race in in my daily life. My local book club just met and we discussed “Between the World & Me” which finished this past week.
LENT. Day 15.
Understand more about where you stand in your own bias.
Perhaps start with taking this Project Implicit – Race IAT (put out by Harvard.)
As always, if you learn something new about yourself, or any of these conversations or posts resonate with you, challenge you, or effect you, reach out and tell me. I’ve loved the messages I’ve been getting. I do intend to share more of them when I have time.
Lent. Day 14.
Go, LOOK for things which challenge your perspective.
Part 1 is here… … Part 2 is here… … Part 3 is here…
Look for ARTICLES which challenge your perspective.
- Article, Daily Kos, “My Identity Can Get Me Killed”
- Article, Relevant Magazine, “How to Actually Fight for Racial Reconciliation”
- Article, The Atlantic, “Color-Blindness is Counter Productive.”
- Article, The Fader, “Black Life & Death in a Familiar America.”
- Article, Huffington Post, “What I Told My White Friend When He Asked For My Black Opinion On White Privilege.”
- Article, The New Yorker, “Now is the time to talk about what we are actually talking about.”