Lent. Day 12.
Go, LOOK for things which challenge your perspective.
Part 2…. Part 1 is here.
Look for VIDEOS which challenge your perspective.
LOOK FOR THINGS TO WATCH, short:
- Youtube, “How to Deal with the Police – Parents Explain” | 5 min
Hard. SUPER important.
- TED talk, “The Urgency of Intersectionality” by Kimberle Crenshaw | 19 min Very informative. Powerful. “Say Her Name”
- TED talk, “How to Raise a black son in America” by Clint Smith | 5 min
Heavy, brief. GOOD.
- TED talk, “My road trip through the whitest towns in America” by Rich Benjamin | 13 min
Light, real. GOOD. “How a country can have racism without racists.”
- FB Video, “Racism is a spectrum” | 3 min
Super informative. “We all have racial biases.”
- FB Video, “A Conversation with Native Americans on Race” | 6 min
Challenging, informative. Important to look at the foundational core of oppression on which our culture was founded.