Lee Anne’s sister (our Matron of Honour, though she prefers to be called Best Woman) arrived in Orlando yesterday to be helpful and present for this week leading up to the wedding.
Lee Anne’s best friend Caryn (also a bridesmaid) arrives from Austin, Texas tonight! It’s FOUR DAYS AWAY!
Can’t believe it!!!
Four books we loved:
Lee Anne’s list:
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (currently my all time favorite. read it 3 times. the book of Hosea from the Bible turned into a novel by an amazing writer. HUGE book, fastest read ever.)
- Eat. Pray. Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert (great writing, great stories, disagree with almost every concept in the book especially when it comes to the religious beliefs).
- The Shack by William Paul Young (read it twice, helped me to see and understand the truth that God is good – even when there’s pain & despair. helped me see & understand the unconditional love of God in a way that I hadn’t before.)
- A Painted House by John Grisham (read it YEARS ago but it sticks out in my mind as having been a favorite.)
- Oh! The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss (Also, the adapted version by Lee Anne Rankin!)
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Lee Anne had me read this to understand her story and the grace Jesus is working into her heart. Such an incredible story of hope in marriage and the healing power of pure sexuality.
- Jesus For President by Shane Claiborne (Also a LA fav.).
- Ideavirus by Seth Godin (Lee Anne and I used to read Seth’s blog every day – it’s really great for inspiration)
- Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McClaren. (One extra since we overlapped) This book was a big question mark but really made me think about my theology and personal religious upbringing. A great place to start for anyone who is a regular church goer, a “seeker”, very religious, hopeless about the church or just curious about who Jesus really is.
There are so many really good books but these are ones we had somewhat top of mind.
Four days was gone so fast but lots was done and we had fun. 😀