Nine days. Single digits. Crazy how fast these last few weeks have been.
We are working hard to get ready for the launch of WeRoquemore.com (aka the wedding/marriage).
- picked up Lee Anne’s wedding band (mine will be here soon)
- chose our cake style and flavors
- finalized the design for our programs
- fixed John’s Super 8mm film camera (we are shooting film!!)
- applied and received our marriage license!!!!
So, a productive day despite sleeping in way later than planned. It’s been hard to keep things calm as the stress of planning the wedding (mostly Lee Anne’s job), moving to our new place (in Lakeland), sorting out family issues (see also: Christmas plans) and normal relationship bumps continue to accelerate as we get closer. We are finding ourselves at the end of our ropes.
In times like this we can so easily see our true character.
Well, we’ve got a ways to go before we are perfected in our love and service toward each other. But that’s all part of this journey. It’s about staying in the process and letting go of bad days. Jesus is the only way we can give each other 100% love and He will be the only one who carries us into this new season of life. For now, we will choose to trust His perfect timing as we wait (somewhat impatiently) for the wedding day to arrive.
And now in honor of 9 days til our wedding, here are nine places we’d like to visit (or visit again):
- Portland, Oregon
- Paris, France
- Austin, Texas
- Bali, Indonesia
- Kolkata, India (& to see the Taj Mahal in the same trip)
- Colorado (somewhere to ski.)
- Los Angeles, California
- New York City (we LOVE it there.)
- Jerusalem, Israel
What a city (or 9) that you’d like to visit?